Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2021

My picture mapping

 This term my class has been learning about the key things about persuasive writing. We did these picture maps to help us remember the text that my teach wrote. This is my picture mapping and I think it's good enough for me who kind of doesn't know how to draw. Down bottom is what I tried to draw and do.

Here is my picture map.


"An estimated 25 million native birds, eggs, and chicks are cruelly eaten alive by introduced predators every year in New Zealand," Forest &Bird  said. Does this concern you? If so, you are not alone. I believe that we all have a role to play in protecting the native flora and fauna of Aotearoa. 

Imagine a New Zealand with no thriving, lush bush and  no beautiful, endemic birds: this could become a reality!  Laziness, indifference, business - why are people doing nothing? Proverbs 12:10 says, ‘a righteous man cares for his animals.’ We must care enough to take action so our threatened species are here for future generations.

1 comment:

  1. Picturemapping helps you to learn the success criteria of a type of writing. For example, you are learning to use facts and quotes, counter-arguments, emotive language and new sentences types. I encourage you to read your picturemap until you know it off by heart.

    ReplyDelete