Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Story time

This term we have been learning about narrative writting. I have struggled to put show not tell in my narrative but kind of conquered it . I have worked on show not telling, but my main goals are doing more showing not telling and putting more interesting words instead of boring words.


The last man standing 


The neglected, derelict, city was overtaken by verdure. Cracks are everywhere on the endless highways. Roots, plants and grass were everywhere. Buildings were being destroyed and taken over by vicious plants and long Kikuyu grass. No one has inhabited earth for over 6 months. I was the only one left. I must survive and I must find out the truth about this tech device.



I was in search of a metal tech device. I strolled into another building and I pushed a big, black, heavy box out the window. Junk comes tumbling out of it. This is it! What I have been searching for is that device. The device fell flat on the ground and my deep brown eyes saw it. He took a leap of faith and jumped out of the building. My jet black hair flew back and blue orbs travelled down his right arm through his wrist. At last, he gets to the ground safe and sound. I picked it up but I didn’t expect it would be a see-through device. I pulled out a little round picture. She was as pretty as a picture on a wall, she had auburn hair flowing down her back and her viridescent eyes shone in the shimmering sunlight. I whispered to the picture “I will find you no matter what happens and I will always keep you in my heart”. I would always look at this picture and it will always give me flashbacks of when I was with her because nothing will ever stop me from getting away from my true love. 


Suddenly, a SKYlinerX3  came up out of nowhere, as it spawned from thin air. Highly tech guns aimed at his brain and forehead so he slowly put the device away and ran like Usain bolt and all you can hear is his shoes tapping on the ground, running again trying to survive but the controlled aircraft wouldn’t get off his back. I jumped on his scratched, black, wide-handled motorbike and whizzed off, aircraft still on my tail. They will never stop until I’m caught or shot dead, going up the verdure cracked highway swerving all the obstacles in front of him, It was life or death.


The aircraft took aim Bang! Bang! Bang!  Two of them missed, the last one flew across my leg making a big slit in it. Screaming in agony, blood leaking down leaving little red spots on the rusty dusty road. I left that in the past and kept going on fighting to survive, and I was never gonna give up. I was Sweating like a hungry dog. I stopped and the Skyliners X3 flew over me, Bing! I had an idea. I saw a ramp and drove up there, donk! Landing on the SkylinerX3 my motorbike exploded in the background. Shing!  I lifted my right arm in the air and slowly I creeped my arm down to get my sword. I was struggling to hold my balance while also trying to kill the SKYlinerX3. They were never gonna give up and neither was I. I forced my sword into the machine we were going down in circles, it was sickening me. The SKYlinerX3 went down, me still holding on. Crash! We hit the ground. I went tumbling on the rocky, grassy hard ground. I was thanking the Lord for still being alive, but scarred everywhere on me, my cut on my leg got even bigger and I knew that there was gonna be a big bruise on my left leg. I thought it was the end of my journey, so I shut my eyes for a little while.


I opened my eyes. It was like I was in paradise, but I was saved by civilians. They got me where they had been hiding for 6months. It was like a little rat town but in a medium-size, and big metal gates were at the front, so none of the vicious robots couldn’t get in. I was bandaged up by a random person.  Before you were allowed to go anywhere you had to sign in and you would get coordinates and a map for where you are staying. I put down my name and my coordinates were 8,4. I stayed in a diamond, light blue, glassed house with 6 other people, but one thing was missing. Something wasn’t right. I went to the fountain sitting there looking at my reflection. Next minute... I spotted a familiar red-headed lady walking past in the reflection of the water she was getting donuts, I turned around and tapped her on the shoulder “Matha is that you?” I whispered to her. “Jacob,” she said in an extremely shocked tone. After that, we consumed all of the luxurious donuts. Then I woke up. Alone and lonely. The blackness of the city surrounded me, “it was all a dream”, I muttered to myself

No comments:

Post a Comment