Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2021

My recount on what I did on the holidays

 In class, my teacher has been teaching us punctuation and 2a sentences (2 adjective sentences) punctuation has always been always hard for me but I am getting better and better at punctuation. Sometimes I forget where to put my punctuations in the stories. 

Here's my recount I did about what I did on the holidays



 Whangarei Wave Pools


Throughout the holidays the second week on friday, the holiday program and I went to the Whangarei Wave pools. We got there on two buses, a boys bus and a girls bus. They kept the boys and girls separate because Whaea Michael and Komene didn’t want us to be doing Tom and Jerry. So we got there and we came together as one to hear the instructions that Whaea Michael was giving us. We got told the orders and set off to the reception, we had to wait outside for a while so Whaea Michael could pay for all of us. Whaea Michael and Komene did this holiday program to fundraise our kapa haka so it was like 100$ per person and we fundraised a lot. So we went inside and everyone rushed into the changing rooms. We were all like bulls gonna smash down the space, we all got changed and I was the last girl out of the changing rooms. I didn’t realize that I took that long to get changed.


                                              Event 1


We all met outside and there was one more instruction. It was an important instruction. We all listened to Komene because he was telling us the instructions and he declared, “ NO Tom and Jerry! Unless your brother and sister or cousin’s!” Tom and Jerry'' is when you hook up with someone so for Einstein's boyfriend and girlfriend. We all agreed fast because we just wanted to get in the water, so we all rushed into the pools like a slampeed but some of us went to the spa first and I was one of those people. I dipped my foot in the spa. It felt good then I slipped my body in it felt amazing other people joined me. I could tell by their faces that they loved it and they never wanted to leave. But I left because it was getting packed like I mean packed packed, So gaped it and went storming down into the water I saw my friend Ocian in the distance in my head I was thinking should I swim to her or should I tell her to swim to me because I don’t feel like swimming but I do want to get my hair wet. I made my mind up it was to swim to her so I did I swam to her and I forgot there was heaps of people there and I was swimming and I crashed my head into a stranger my head popped out of the water like a daisy my faced shriveled up looking up to her, “sorry” I replied I carried on swimming finally I made it, I mentioned what can we do. She said, “Just play around in the water.” So I took her advice and we started being weirdo's and playing around like 5 year olds dunking each other under the water. Then… the bombing place opened up ocian and I flicked our heads straight to it, “thinking what i'm thinking” I said excitedly.




Event 2


The bombing opened, all the boys bolted up there and there weren't just eight of them there were like 20 of them, my face was amazed by how many boys were there doing manu’s and some of the manu’s almost touched the roof. Then this girl named Harmony came up she was in front of me and ocian we heard a rumor that she can do massive manu’s, Harmony was 1 person behind someone that meant we were 2 people until it’s our turn. It was Harmony’s turn. She was at the edge and jumped; she tucked into a manu boof! The water shot up it was like a bullet shooting out of the water, she came above onto the surface I shouted out to Harmony “Harmony that was huge” It was my turn I so bad wanted to do a manu but everyone was watching like when I looked out and on the side of me I could just see white pupils staring at me it was like they were staring into my soul. Chills went down my spine. I was so desperate to do a manu but bad thoughts came into my head. My bad thoughts were saying you can't manu you suck at manu’s and another bad thought that triggered me was don’t do it you might back slap and everyone will laugh at you. So I made my mind up I chose not to do a manu so I looked over the edge and leaped forward and jumped poof! I dropped into the water. I did a pin. It was fun for me but then at the same time I wanted to do a manu but it didn’t really bother me, so I went up again. I was so confident to do a manu it came upto my turn again I was pumped I wanted to do it so bad I didn’t think about what was gonna happen to me I jumped and did a pin I was to afraid to do it then I heard an announcement the waves are coming on, that meant to me that the bombing place with be closing until the waves stop so I swam like I was swimming from a shark there was 4 people up there including me 1 person jumped then it was my turn the lady said “ if your not gonna jump then i’m gonna close it” all the other people jumped ocian said “ come on I will do a manu but then you will have to do one” I replied with a sy “fine” she went then I went after I did I came above the water with a huge smile on my face screamed to ocian with excitement “ I did it I did it, it was very very fun” I wanted to go again but we had to go. So I left the pools with a massive smile on my face.



In summary, my favourite part of that day was doing a manu with my best friend and playing around with everyone and making memories. That was the best day ever, also my other favourite part of the day was food that was yum!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a loooong recount :) My advice is to plan the most entertaining or main idea you want to share. Such as longing to do a great manu, but listening to your doubts then overcoming them. You are always improving your word choice and starting to craft your writing for impact. A shorter, more focused recount will help your proof-reading of punctuation too. keep up your top efforts, Mahina. You are a super star.

    ReplyDelete